Haunt Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
I really do understand.

Two years ago I had a lady stop her car in front of my house and yelling from her car asking, "You givin' away free candy!?" Ten minutes later she returned with a car load of kids, who at least were wearing some semblance of costume.

Last year I had four kids come to my house. My roommate's girlfriend's two kids and their two friends. They were really impressed with my display, but still jacked my candy bowl when my back was turned.

One year, I had one sole ToT. Well, technically there were three, but his parents brought him over because he was less than a year old.

Anywho... I understand.

But...

I don't do it for anyone but myself. I'd really miss it, should I not put out something.

I hope you reconsider, and do something just for you.

Happy Haunting!
I'm the same way. I do my decorations for me mostly, but love when others enjoy them too. I love going outside while they're out and absorbing the atmosphere. I enjoy the spooky setting, and since COVID the new tradition is for my family come over on Halloween night after dark and we all sit around my propane turbo heater in the driveway. 😁

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah, I agree. I understand the desire for trunk or treat from a safety standpoint, but it makes me sad. The most ToTs I've gotten was about 200, and the least was 45 the year it snowed Halloween morning. Not sure why that kept kids away, but it made for some really cool pics though and a TON of leftover candy 🤣...
View attachment 22415
My record in this house is maybe a dozen. I live in the
Yeah, I agree. I understand the desire for trunk or treat from a safety standpoint, but it makes me sad. The most ToTs I've gotten was about 200, and the least was 45 the year it snowed Halloween morning. Not sure why that kept kids away, but it made for some really cool pics though and a TON of leftover candy 🤣...
View attachment 22415
My record in this house is maybe twelve. Sad, I know. I live in the 'hood. Adjacent to a more affluent neighborhood called Ardmore. A.k.a. the neighborhood that gives out full size candy bars.

It hasn't happened... Yet. But I always hold a bit of fear that my display will be vandalized or the props stolen.

I used to have a vanity plate on my truck that read: Z0MB13, and it was stolen a week before Halloween a few years ago.

Anyway, I don't usually have to buy a lot of candy which is a good thing. 🤣

·
Registered
269 Posts
My record in this house is maybe twelve. Sad, I know. I live in the 'hood. Adjacent to a more affluent neighborhood called Ardmore. A.k.a. the neighborhood that gives out full size candy bars.

It hasn't happened... Yet. But I always hold a bit of fear that my display will be vandalized or the props stolen.

I used to have a vanity plate on my truck that read: Z0MB13, and it was stolen a week before Halloween a few years ago.

Anyway, I don't usually have to buy a lot of candy which is a good thing. 🤣
Yikes! 12 ToT on the high end is a rough. Sorry about that. I know you decorate for yourself as I do, but I know I'd be a little disappointed if no one else really saw my display at all. I mean, that's part of the point of decorating outside instead of just inside.

By chance, I found another way of possibly increasing traffic to see my display. When searching home haunts in the area to go see myself, I came across a website that lists home haunts for parents who want to take their kids to see people's decorations. I submitted my address to the website and it's listed there now. I don't know if it will increase traffic by 1 person, or 100. I don't see how it could hurt though. 😁 Maybe you could find something online that would allow you to do the same? Maybe?

That license plate is pretty excellent! Although I wouldn't steal it, I can see why somebody less than honest would want it. 😁

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yikes! 12 ToT on the high end is a rough. Sorry about that. I know you decorate for yourself as I do, but I know I'd be a little disappointed if no one else really saw my display at all. I mean, that's part of the point of decorating outside instead of just inside.

By chance, I found another way of possibly increasing traffic to see my display. When searching home haunts in the area to go see myself, I came across a website that lists home haunts for parents who want to take their kids to see people's decorations. I submitted my address to the website and it's listed there now. I don't know if it will increase traffic by 1 person, or 100. I don't see how it could hurt though. 😁 Maybe you could find something online that would allow you to do the same? Maybe?

That license plate is pretty excellent! Although I wouldn't steal it, I can see why somebody less than honest would want it. 😁
I'm thinking about posting on nextdoor for that reason. However, I know thieves scan nextdoor to see who's keeping their eyes peeled.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This site is still my go-to to figure out how to make things myself. There's nothing like creating a really creepy something with my own two hands. Anyone can buy whatever ridiculously priced crap out there, but it's something when you can make your own. We can't give up too easily, some of us are still out there! 😈

41 - 45 of 45 Posts