Haunt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im nearly done with my cemetery fence. I made the fence sections out of 1x2 and 1/2" PVC (most common haunter fence I think). For the Fence poles I used 2" PVC. I was planning on using small L brackets to connect the panel to the poles. Any other suggestions before I start. I saw someone else use a keyhole on the PVC fence pole and a screw on the panel. Im worried that method wont hold up.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I used the L brackets myself and I am not to happy with how they turned out. Still looking for another way to connect them myself.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats my main concern, I put all this effort into the fence panels and poles then the final product looks cheap because of .59 'L' brackets. Has anyone cut holes in the PVC fence poles to hold the 1x2?

·
Registered
302 Posts
I use galvanized plumbers strap across the back and paint them black. About 10 inches should be long enough. Then just use 1 inch screws to hold it all together. This method has held up for 3 years now.

For the ends I do pretty much the same as this.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I am going to avoid this problem by building small "stone" pillars. That way I can just lock the fence "rails" into the stone pillars.

·
User Title Already Taken
2,237 Posts
Hey thats a picture of my fence :) Anyway, I use the said method shown above. It is actually band strap from crates I cut to length. Pre drill the holes in the band iron and use 5/8th or 3/4 screws to hold them on. Not had a problem yet.

The whole instructable on how to do it is Here The fence posts are under section 11

Spider

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hey thats a picture of my fence :) Anyway, I use the said method shown above. It is actually band strap from crates I cut to length. Pre drill the holes in the band iron and use 5/8th or 3/4 screws to hold them on. Not had a problem yet.

The whole instructable on how to do it is Here The fence posts are under section 11

Spider
Well in that case, thanks for the idea Spider, it works really well. :)

·
Registered
256 Posts

Spider
Very nice, thanks for the link. I started adding more fence last year (possible deployment for Hurricane Sandy last year caused me to stop) and attaching the finials was a giant pain in the butt that only experimented with so definitely going to use your method.

·
Pumpkin Hill Gravekeeper
Craft my own animated props, create a huge display, visit local "Haunted Events"
1,536 Posts
I am going to avoid this problem by building small "stone" pillars. That way I can just lock the fence "rails" into the stone pillars.
So how do you connect your fence to your small columns?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used 1 1/2 inch finishing nails. It took forever to predrill and hammer them all in, but once painted you never see them. Mine have held up for about 5 years now and I store them outdoors!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts