Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What J.O.B keeps you busy

okay so I thought instead of hi-jacking the other thread we needed to start a new one in the right place..lol
so I am curious about this anyway, what is it exactly that we all do as a job in the real world

I am a part time server/part time manager at IHOP. I used to be a full time GM, but hated the hours and never having time to see my family or do anything else for that matter..lol so I went back to just serving about two years ago, and then I found myself agreeing to cover my boss's days off..lol

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, how'd you luck into that gig..

I have a friend who's hubby get's paid to watch movies in the theaters, he's there to check to see what previews and stuff they play before the movies, but he can stay for the show...that could be a good job..lol

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I think I've answered this before but here goes. I'm a full time wife and I freelance occasionally as a party/event planner. I also have a small business making custom decorated vases for weddings, anniversaries, memorials and just about any theme you can imagine. It leaves me alot of time for prop building. Now if I could just figure out a way to pay for all the necessary materials.........

·
Registered
763 Posts
I'm an RN at an Occupational Health Clinic. I'm the contact person for employers, work comp insurances, teach classes and work in the clinic taking care of patients.
Merlin (The Quiet One)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I'm part of a group that designs and develops software for use by auditors and other employees of my state's taxing authority. My job is kind of a mixed bag: I mainly do business analysis, software support, electronic data conversion and training.

My other job (the one I wish I could do full-time) entails taking care of my vineyard and orchard. I had a pretty good harvest last year (my vines are still rather young) and made a little bit of money selling grapes. Hopefully, this year will be even better!

·
Registered
959 Posts
I'm a forester with the state of Pennsylvania. I get to walk through private woodlots and give landowners advice on how to manage their timber and wildlife. I get to meet all sorts of interesting people AND work outside!
Fighting forest fires, planting trees, you name it. In fact I would go as Smokey Bear this year but they won't let me borrow the damn costume. Can you imagine Smokey scaring ToTer's? Growling, snarling. SMOKEY BEAR, no more mister nice guy.

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
I'm the Northeast regional warehouse/shipping manager for an international company that sells fire protection equipment. I cover from Maine down to the Virginias, and west to Ohio.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Not a job parsey but things that keep me busy... writting (Which I do get payed for on occasion. Studerentlying... feels like a job, Cub leadering and venture presiding...

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
grapegrl said:
My other job (the one I wish I could do full-time) entails taking care of my vineyard and orchard. I had a pretty good harvest last year (my vines are still rather young) and made a little bit of money selling grapes. Hopefully, this year will be even better!
grapegrl, does your vinyard produce any wines?

seems we have a variety of occupations from the participants here..lol

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
I'm a Microwave/RF Technician. I make antennas for use in satellite communications as well as a few for other applications.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts