Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i am on my computer going through my music library and i come across my halloween music and i have to say there are a lot of songs that remind me of halloween but no song gets me more pumped up for those creepy nights in october like "In the House/ In a Hearbeat" by John Murphy. Its basically the theme song to 28 Days Later. I love listening to that song and working on my props or setting up my yard or drawing new ideas. Its what really makes me think of Halloween.

What song reminds you of or makes you think of Halloween?

·
Super Moderator
64,106 Posts
When I was in grade school, we learned "Halloween's Coming". One version goes like this:

Halloween's coming, Halloween's coming
Skeletons will be after you
Ghosts and bats and big black cats
Oooh, Oooh, Oooh, Oooh, Ooooh - BOO!

Another version:

Halloween's coming, Halloween's coming.
Skeletons will be after you.
Witches, cats, and big black bats.
Ghosts and goblins, too.
Flap, flap, flap go the big black bats
Ooooo. Boo!
"Meow, meow, meow," go the ugly cats.
Ooooo. Boo!

Now THAT's a song that not only makes me think of Halloween, but gives me that moment of childhood nostalgia:)

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
The song Black Sabbath for the music more than the lyrics. It is the first song on their first album and the first year I had a haunt I put my speakers outside and played that CD, as soon as Trick or Treat began.

I was married then and my wife passed out the candy while I dressed up in one of those faceless reaper robes and pointed the kids in her direction without saying a word.

The yard was pretty scary but my wife didn't dress up and she made sure to smile and be real friendly so the small kids didn't get too scared. The bigger kids just thought our house was really cool.

It is a great memory and when I hear that song it always reminds me.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah, mine is definitely Boris Pickett's "Monster Mash". A while back, I was writing for a local paper here called "The Uncommon Sense. I requested an interview with Bobby Pickett for the paper, and was amazed to find his home phone number in my e-mail!! Sadly, he passed away before our interview could come to fruition.

Anyway, for me, that is the reigning Halloween song, and I don't know if any other song will ever be able to dethrone it!! :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
There is a song called 'Night of the Vampire'. I believe its by 13th floor elevators. I heard it for the first time at Cedar Point's Halloweeneds. Now, I listen to it (among other songs) every year when I setup my haunt. Any other time I listen it it, it instantly brings back Halloween memories.

Charlie

1 - 20 of 56 Posts