Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Dear Beer, Thanks. :D
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
My neighbor was throwing away an old round picnic table and asked me if I wanted it. I brought it home and my wife suggested that I use it to make a prop. The table diameter is 5' and made of redwood, it is heavy.
After some planning and a few key purchases I was able to construct a sturdy base complete with heavy-duty castor bearings allowing it to be spun around. Next, I plan to shackle a skeleton to it and have the kiddies give him a whirl! This prop is gonna look great in my torture chamber (guillotine, pillory, rack, chopping block, cage...)

Here are some photos sans victim!

Front

Rear

Bearing

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Way to go Kevin, I'm building one also for this year. Mine is based off of a plastic picnic table with planks attached, and powered. I'm planning on having mine appear as if it is being operated by a mortician, lol. I'm surprised more people don't build them, not an easy one to store off season I guess.

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Man, I envy you for that find. Someday I want to add some torture devices to my display and the wheel is among them.

Great job!

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
that is a good idea. I am able to get as many of these Tables as i need from some electricians i know. maybe i will do that ( next year) also with one. or two. Hmm.... i wonder if it would be sturdy enough for a real person? But I think I would have one of them laying flat for that then.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Suh-weet! And a great photo op for the kiddies too!

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
I will never throw out a flat castor again
I will never throw out........

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Muhahahahahaha...

Hey all,
Thanks for all the great feedback. I've been working steadily on my scarecrow, a few new tombstones and the W.o.T.

Here are some progress shots!

I have a ball that screams when you throw it coming soon from ebay (hopefully) and I'm going to try to put it inside my victim's head for some real torture sound!
The body is made from chicken wire, burlap, asst. pvc pipe, wire & tape hands and foam skull/chain... muy cheapo. I'm also thinking of adding some spray foam entrails.
The Wheel itself is pretty heavy and you have to put a fair amount of force into making it go all the way 'round... Its almost too heavy to move by myself, hehe.

Its going to compliment my Screaming Rack rather well!

:D

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
And during the summer months you can use it as a lazy Susan. "Someone pass the fried chicken. No problem Jake. (whizzing the table around)"

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is the finished W.o.T. prop video

Hey just thought I'd post a link to the video. Unfortunately my camera doesn't do sound or you could hear the scream unit working its magic!
I used some Great Stuff foam on the prop and also did some more painting/weathering.
check it out here: http://www.fulcrumsites.com/haunt/html/wheel.html

Thanks for all the great feedback!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts