Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad came in with the mail and said there was something for me.
I was assuming it was a magazine so just asked what it was.
He said "It's from the Scare Fac-" and beofre he finished saying "Factory" I had jumped up to see!
It was my free catalog from the Scare Factory that I ordered off the website!
Not that I can afford 95% of the stuff inside, because it's all details facades and animations and stuff like that, but it's still fun to look at and it's gotten my excited to start working! :D

Anyone else have one thing trigger their excitement for this year yet?
Maybe you smelled a latex mask or you some fog juice somewhere? ;]

·
I'm bringing sexy back
7,767 Posts
I know that feeling! I still get it whether is the Halloween magazines or something I mail ordered.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha sweet.
I'm 16 and I started scaring in the Spooky Walk on Long Island, New York like, 3 years ago.
The first year I just scared in the woods part of the haunt, then the next year I made a small exhibit at the end of the woods, then last year was my first year really putting all of my creative effort into it and it came out GREAT!
Anyone who lives on Long Island usually comes to the Spooky Walk (thousands per night), so it was a big deal for me that we were one of the favorites of everyone last year! :]

Of course now I'm really excited for this year!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I got really excited on July 1. That is the "official" date I can start talking about Halloween to hubby. He actually helped me make a small casket and I went though my "inventory" that day. I hear ya Erick, Im really excited now too!

Tomorrow I go to our first haunted gathering... its all over after that!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
See I don't really start building or working yet,
but I just e-mailed the woman that runs the Spooky Walk to see if we're taking over the woods again this year or if we're doing a house.
I think it would be easier to do a house (no weather worries or anything) and we have some sick ideas, but the woods is where I've been every year so it would be weird not to do the woods. I guess we'll see what she says. ;]

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Haha I remember getting my Scare Factory catalog!
I pretty much reacted the same way you did!
I've actually been working on new stuff since February...
But yes, stuff like that makes me want to get back to work on some stuff!
:).

·
DeceptiProp
5,851 Posts
That story made me smile. I remember when I was young..yes, those were the days.
I can remember when Dr. M was young too. That is when triggers were really done by horses. That is how the name came around. Normally haunters had to make their props move by triggers, or basically their horse because they named their horse that. I can only assume that Dr. M did the same. I can't wait till he retires so I can get his stuff. LOL:googly:

·
Are you always like this?
3,290 Posts
I got really excited on July 1. That is the "official" date I can start talking about Halloween to hubby. He actually helped me make a small casket and I went though my "inventory" that day. I hear ya Erick, Im really excited now too!

ROFLMAO!

How did you come about negotiating July 1? :googly:

·
Can't keep up with Roxy!
3,526 Posts
For me the excitement was walking in to Michael's this past Monday to find the Halloween aisle half full.

But, alas, due to space issues, I am not going to do my haunt this year. So sad.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I gotta get me a copy of the magazine! But that might just put me over the edge. I have been tinkering out in the garage since March and ever since I downloaded the Ironstock theme song to a CD, I get a daily dose of that too...several doses a day. That's the great thing about driving so much in my job, halloween music all year long.......

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
I got a bunch of stuff this week from Michaels
I had 40% off coupons :D

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts

I wish i could do an inventory. That would take me at LEAST a month. Maybe i should start early this year. I have my tables covered with extra stuff from purchases this year. I just saved up a free toe pincher from the garbage. A friends dad was gunna pitch it so i said HEEEEY Ill take that. It had a nice trip back to KY all cozy in my new van. LOL. Now im excited.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
thanks Erik and Doc , now I am getting a Scare Factory catalog too...
Wish I had the money for some of that stuff, but there are great ideas in it.

Glad I did my inventory when I put everything away last year..
All I have to add is whatever I have made so far, and what is next to be made when finished.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts