Haunt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you wiccan folks. I am looking to find the correct size and colors for the candles i would need for my props. I tend to go for the over the top and dont want to do that. I have been looking at the 3" wide pillars that are 9" tall. If those arent the right kind please let me know. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
I would suggest looking at some of the sites on the web ..google them
they usually sell this stuff so you would get a good idea there.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Different folks use different size candles for rituals and for altar use. Anything from votives to tapers to big pillars would be OK. Any color of the rainbow would be OK too, depending on the spellwork being done.

I'd 2nd the suggestion to look around on the web. Here's one site that might help: http://www.erzulies.com/site/catalog/category/4. It's primarily a voodoo shop, but they also carry products for wiccan/European witchcraft use. Erzulie's is in New Orleans, and I've been there several times. They're very serious about their work, so I think you can rely on their candle/herb/oil suggestions for different types of spells.

In lots of grocery stores (and many Walmarts, for that matter), you can find the tall pillars in glass containers in different colors. They aren't scented, and they aren't good candles, but they're pretty cheap (a few bucks) and flashy :) They're a lot cheaper than nice tall pillars from Pier One or Yankee Candle!!!

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay well i guess i should check out walmat too. I just didnt want scented or expensive. Like i said i was just going to use these for a prop. I didnt want to light them, but dont want the extra smell either. It was for authenticity purposes. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Turtle...why not make fake candles then?
You can use modeling clay or a salt dough, even paper tubes dipped in wax.
I made these out of air dry clay and the fire is made out of modeling clay and then I dripped the red wax over them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts