Haunt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my wife is now into the Haunter groove. She snagged these big lot specials. The giant candle holders ($7.50 ea) are a hard type resin. The tri child pedestals are plaster of paris ($10.00 ea).
I think we can make something cool with them. Anyone have any ghoul ideas?

·
A little bit bent...
3,232 Posts
I've seen cemetery benches with supports that look a lot like the child pedestals. How tall are they? I got to go to Big Lots soon - thanks for the pointer!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They all are about 2 feet. The child pedestals are fairly solid and heavy...they might shatter or chip if dropped. The 4 candle holders are light and do not seem fragile.
My wife was guarding them like a dog, they were the last two at the big lots we where at, she was yelling at me to get over there. They were to heavy for her to carry. I am so proud of her..she no longer blinks when I spend the kids college fund.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
cemetary bench with those tri child post would look good..
bench top coming off to one side with tombstone under that ...you could do twins.
or both side pieces attached to a tombstone with bench cover

If you can drill thru them a fountain maybe

besides regular candle stick type objects for a dungeon, or dracula theme, witch house.. a spooky room with those on a mantel...if you could mold those post and get a few more they would be great mausoleum front posts.

·
Panic time is here!
3,834 Posts
I saw those the other day at BL and thought they would look good in the grave yard.
Maybe the faces can be demonized or something like that. I was trying to figure out what I could do with them also but didn't buy any because I wasn't sure what to do with them.

Money is really tight right now. I can't purchase anything else unless I know exactly what I am going to do with it. Sooooo, if you come up with any ideas, please post them.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nice FIND!! So how did you hypnotize your wife?!...lol.

Dennis

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Already there with the storage issues. I have three sheds and 2 attics full. We do Christmas big also, won money last year for that. My seven foot santa will be wearing a creature reacher costume this Halloween. Either the Bat or the Werewolf. I got booth full costumes after Halloween for 90 bucks each. The guy was selling them for about 300 each.
My wife actually likes to decorate, she used to be a commercial interior designer. I threw the major party idea at her for Halloween and she dug it. Now she is scheming.
Right now we are in a good position, the major issue for us is time.

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
How about incorporating the pillars into a mausoleum?

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I think those green candleholders would look great with silk flames at the tops instead of candles. With those bowl tops they'd make cool torches, maybe in a crypt/catacombs setting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts