Haunt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I'm planning on making some new additions to my costume room this year to keep my masks and costumes better organized. One thing I really want to add is a peg board with wig heads on them to store my masks.

I've looked around the net and I've found several different suppliers of them, but all of them are upwards of $5.00 for just ONE hook! I ended up contacting Jeff from Frighteners Entertainment about a possible group buy and he said that if there's enough people to buy 25 of them, we could get them for $3.75 each.

I'm planning on ordering at least 12 of these, as I just bought a dozen wig heads from Jeff the other day. I need someone else to pick up the other 13.

Would anyone else be interested in getting any of these?

Here's a picture:

Let me know!
:).

·
Registered
72 Posts
might find something cheaper

have you looked for something cheaper that you might be able to modify

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Hey zach try using mop/broom holder clips. They can be found at a variety of places, but I have found them at the dollar store. I used scrap wood and screwed them into place and you have an instant wighead holder. I got the idea from a NJ mnt and it really works. Hope that helps. Ask Vlad for a picture of them if you cant figure out what I mean. :D

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey zach try using mop/broom holder clips. They can be found at a variety of places, but I have found them at the dollar store. I used scrap wood and screwed them into place and you have an instant wighead holder. I got the idea from a NJ mnt and it really works. Hope that helps. Ask Vlad for a picture of them if you cant figure out what I mean. :D
Sounds like a reasonable substitute. I would appreciate it if you would post some pictures so I could better understand what you did.

When are you going to buy these zach?
Well depending on if Turtle's idea works out or not, I'd be purchasing these in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Here's what I came up with. Pretty basic construction - 2x6 cut to 5 1/2" for a perfect square. 1" hole drilled through the center for a 12" wooden dowel to fit snugly. Liquid nails, and one 3" screw to keep it in place with 2 coats of flat black paint. I was able to make 12 of these in about 2 hours or so for under 10 bucks (Minus the wig heads of course)

It's a bit hard to see the base, so I tweaked in in Photoshop - that's why the wig head has that holy-glow. lol.

Thanks for everyone's input on these.
:jol:.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.