Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
64,104 Posts
I like him. Did you have him lit up?

BTW, if you can get the type of fishing line called "spiderwire" down your way, it's almost invisible in any kind of lighting, including blacklight (it won't glow). It really adds to the illusion that your ghost is floating without any means of support.

·
Registered
716 Posts
That stuff is slicker 'n snot! I have trouble keeping my knots tied with it. Awesome, otherwise, almost impossibly strong. My son made a bowstring from it for his Archery merit badge.

·
Evil, Wicked, Mean, Nasty
2,236 Posts
He looks great Marrow. I really like the use of plastic sheeting. You did an excellent job.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone!

Rob, I suppose he is a static prop. He doesn't have any animatronics or moving mechanisms. He's basically just a hunk of newspaper and plastic. But it you take him outside on a windy day and hang him, his plastic flaps everywhere, he sways all over the place and looks undeniably creepy. There is a video on my blog.

Roxyblue, I had him hanging up outside on halloween night, outside my display. There weren't actually any lights on him, but passing cars headlights lit him up. Did really good job of getting peoples attention, as the actual display was behind glass and was quite dark.

I looked up spiderwire, and multiple fishing stores in my area sell it. I plan on making some more wind ghosts, so I'll have to gets my hands on some. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Good job! Plastic sheeting will fluoresce under black light, so this would look great with a black light lighting it from bellow. Just make sure to use a dark colored spider wire so it doesn't show up in the light.

You've got a really good PumpkinRot look going there. Keep up the good work! How long have you been using paper mache?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Marrow - well done! Can't wait to see what else you come up with. I checked out the vid on your blog, it looks very lightweight...is it?

·
Muddled Moderator
28,211 Posts
Definitely creepy, good job

·
Evil, Wicked, Mean, Nasty
2,236 Posts
Good job! Plastic sheeting will fluoresce under black light, so this would look great with a black light lighting it from bellow.
Huh, what? Plastic sheeting fluoresces under black light? All plastic sheeting? Where have I been hiding that I didn't know this?

Okay Marrow, now I want to see black light video.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Many thanks to everyone for all of the compliments. I'll experiment with it under blaclight this year, I don't own any blacklights, but I will be using them for my haunt this year. Tais years haunt is gonna be awesome, honestly, it is, I'm so excited.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts