Haunt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Player of Paste
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year I held my second annual pumpkin contest on my STOLLOWEEN Facebook page, the contest required participants to submit an illustration or sketch showing the type of pumpkin they would like if chosen. Two winners were selected this year, the first pumpkin was chosen by judges that rated the "creative concept"…keep in mind the artwork quality was not a factor…just the creativity of the concept. The second winner was randomly chosen from the remaining entries.

This pumpkin was the most creative concept winner in the 2nd Annual Build Me A Pumpkin contest held on the STOLLOWEEN Facebook page.

Introducing Sir Rip D. Fleshkin designed by Breck Torres and Dustin Obermeyer. Fun concept to turn the stem into arms and hands, during the build I decided to remove one of the fingers because it seemed to work better. Sir Rip also features removable eyeballs which can be displayed during the day and removed at night to allow the light to shine through the eye holes.

·
Player of Paste
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This pumpkin was the random drawing winner in the 2nd Annual Build Me A Pumpkin contest held on the STOLLOWEEN Facebook page.

Introducing Charles McScardeylantern designed by Jasper Anderson. This pumpkin was a very fun build, especially the rotted side which was achieved by soaking blue shop towels in papier mache paste. This pumpkin also features five large black flies I made which can be repositioned or removed if desired.

You can see more photos of the winning pumpkins at www.torturedpumpkins.com

·
Director of Ambiance
1,816 Posts
I feel like I have been waiting FOREVER to see these, and boy, were they worth the wait! Good GRIEF, you have texturing down to a flippin' science. Just amazing work Scott, they are awesome. Loved the contest, can't wait til next year!!!

·
Slowly Losing My Mind
2,820 Posts
WOW! Another masterpiece there Stolloween! Very impressive indeed. I am so jealous that I don't have one of those. Nice work.

·
Scared Silly
2,065 Posts
Fantastic interpretations, Scott. I love seeing how a prop evolves from design to the final product, and it's especially cool to see them made in your style.

I can't wait to get Charles in the mail. I may not have a haunt this year, but at least I have a great prop by one of my favorite haunt artists.:jol:

·
Super Moderator
64,173 Posts
After seeing these, I felt compelled to log on to Facebook through Spooky1's account and "Like" you:) I'll have to watch for this contest if you hold another one next year.

The details on these pumpkins are exquisite.

·
Player of Paste
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone...I'm planning on launching the 3rd contest early in January...I've already designed the contest, something different..no illustrations, next go round the entries will need to think in three dimensions. Stay tuned.

Also, last years winner was Gourdon Rotsworth...which is posted somewhere in the how-to section here at HF.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
After awhile, you just run out of adjectives to describe your stuff! So once again, very inspiring! Love seeing these.

·
Headless & Haunting
Creating a massive fundraiser haunted house for our local Scout group.
4,773 Posts
Scott they are amazing.....

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
It's always great fun to see what new creatures and work you come up with. Very awesome work, but you already knew that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts