Haunt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another wire prop I worked on during the winter. I discovered a recipe for making dryer lint clay which I used to cover the body of the Bat to give it more of a hairy looking texture. The wings are done in latex and cheesecloth. Once I finished the bat I coated him with Armor All. It gives a protective finish as well as a smooth shine.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v193/troop134/health fair April 04/Bat Thing/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
458 Posts
Hey I remember Bat Thing! Well Vlad can't complain that he doesn't fit into the whole Vampire Castle theme :) Now you need to make about a hundred more, hee hee!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
100 more, oh my!!!!! I have another one that I started but it's been in the wire stage for several months now. It's a much smaller one though. Something tells me that I'm not gonna have enough time to make more of them for this year so the rubber bats we have will have to do for this year. I'm running out of building time since I'll be going back to work in about two weeks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Nice job on the Bat, Black Cat! I can't wait to try it out myself!!
 

·
Muddled Moderator
Joined
·
28,267 Posts
Nice job, I would never of thought to use drier lint. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow thanks. This was one of my first props that I made with dryer lint clay. I'm happy to report that Batty is still holding up. I did just after Halloween give him a new coat of polyurethane and AmourAl.
 

·
Pumpkin Hill Gravekeeper
Craft my own animated props, create a huge display, visit local "Haunted Events"
Joined
·
1,536 Posts
Nice.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top