Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
That is damn good for no plan and a first try!
what kind of wood is that?
did you use a router for the writing, or wood burner?
i need to build a shelf type thing also but i want mine to be more "old and rickety looking"

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks y'all. :)

I used 12"X1" white pine from Home Depot to make it with. (it was the prettiest wood for the least price)

I used a dremel for the writing with 3 different attachments.

I wanted to make it old and rickety, but then I figured I wanted something sturdy that I can keep in the house forever, so I just built it all normal and what not. (I can never get enough storage for my stuff)

I'm thinking of building another one, but out of scrap wood I have from a neighbor. That way I can have an old looking one too.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Yeah thats a good idea...
yup storage ugh , definitley thinking on a shed just for Halloween...
good work on the dremel writing , so im guessing you do not have the router attachment for your dremel.
I have one, but its much easier to just buzz it out.
again good work

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually, I did use the router attachment. It was a PITA to do the writing until I figured that with wood, you kinda have to go with the grain. Once I figured that out, it was all good. I can't do much freehand with the Dremel anymore cuz of carpal tunnel. This time of year KILLS me!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Lovely! I've got some wood from a neighbour's old shed that I'm planning to make 'witch' shelves out of and I was definitely thinking of the rickety sort - but that looks fabulous. Perhaps a marriage of the 2? Old wood and beautiful design? I too love the writing.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Wow Deanna that is really nice. I want one!! It would be perfect for some of my witch's kitchen jars.
VERY NICE WORK, especially impressed that this is your first time!! Yer a natural!

·
Registered
329 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts