Haunt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I have the witch, I've made the cauldron but what motor can I use to make the witch stir the cauldron preferably a quiet one? I also like to have fog bubbling over the cauldron but I'm not sure how to incorporate it. I already have the 1000W fog machine and the bubble fogger. Thanks all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cauldron Motion Question

I can see how others have mentioned a wiper motor for the motion, but not sure how you would power it. Sorry . . .new to props . . but want to do the best.

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
There are wiper motor and power supply packages that you can buy --> see monsterguts.

You can also use a record player if you have one available to mess with.

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
Here's how I mounted the wiper motor in my cauldron. It's a Monsterguts motor with a 5VDC supply running on slow speed. A 18" long, 1" diameter wooden dowel attaches to the extended crank arm and is inserted into a PVC pipe. I found that having the dowel rotate inside the PVC worked better than having the dowel pivot at the crank arm. The witch's hands are firmly attached to the PVC with cable ties so the pipe doesn't twist in her hands. The crank arm is slightly bent so that the PVC sits at an angle. Here's a video of the cauldron in action:

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i231/Otaku1031/?action=view&current=Witchtest1.flv&newest=1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts