Haunt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to start out by thanking Dave the Dead and family for a great time. Dave's Harry Potter themed haunted trail was fabulous. The level of detail and how he was able to take the space available and transform was just mind boggling. It would be scary to see what he could do if given the right supplies and budget. My son and friends throughly enjoyed working the event, and hated to think that this would most likely be the last one.:(

Below are some pictures from the event. Sorry, I forgot to bring my camera inside the haunt, maybe Stephanie took some?

First off, Dave's son's incredible dragon, (before it was broke)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next was a Thestral. This is the invisible magical creature that pulls carriages in the HP world.

Here's Dave's famous sign of the times. It is as incredible as it looks. I think it may have had more photos taken of it than the dragon.

I think this may have been the best costume of the night.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My son and friend combating for the golden snitch

The view of main street while waiting for midnight. I would say there was at least 500 people? Dave, do you have a better number?

And finally, a "real" unicorn rode down the street to cap off the evening. (For those of you familiar with the White Castle commercial, they do exist!!!)

Replies or questions will be excepted at this time.
thanks again Dave!!!

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
hey, thanks for posting those pix bauton! Yes, it was a crazy, crazy night. I think 500 was a very light guess....we distributed over 800 books that night, and one of the event coordinators estimated the crowd at 6,000 at one point....whew!

I'll add in a few more pix when I get them uploaded...i've been too busy reading the book.

·
Are you always like this?
3,290 Posts
Dave, you did a fantastic job! The kids will always remember how much effort you put into the party! Wish I could have been there!

·
Hillbilly Wrangler
3,472 Posts
Dave i am truely truely sorry i missed this. I shoulda just driven the 3 hours and gotten a hotel room or something. We had to go to an army family day that was about 2.5 hours south of us so after driving those 5 hours i just ditn have it in me to head up to yours at 5 pm. Again, excellent job.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
My wife said there was a very impressive Hagrid character at the book release night the other day at the mall.... but he didn't have a dog. :)

looks like it was fun (until ignorance prevailed)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.