Haunt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Witch-Finder of Lilburn
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was heavily affected by Phantom Stranger #30, back in 1974. Particularly by a few images in it - one of which was this tapestry of "Baal" through which the head cultist led kids away from their homes. Just look in its eyes. The memory of this thing creeped me out for over thirty years. So what better artifact for the witch finders to have recovered and left in my barn? Only I'm making some modifications.

It's another ambience piece, so there won't be much more detail. But the eyes and flames glow under a UV light.

Is there a right and wrong way to photograph UV stuff? I turned off my flash before taking this but still ended up with a very dark pic. Had to run several filters in Photoshop to even get it close to how it really looks.

·
Witch-Finder of Lilburn
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. Looking at it here on a screen it is fairly "meh," I confess, but alone in my basement trying to photo it last night actually gave me some serious creeps. Mrs. RahneFan walked in while I was still painting it and I was concerned it would turn into a fight. She is not a haunter by any stretch and the expression of revulsion on her face felt like a small victory. "You're gonna give the kids nightmares," she frowned. :D

·
Banned
2,398 Posts
I was never a comic book guy so I don't have a visceral reaction to your tapestry like many of you. However, Your artistic skills are quite obvious. I'm a fan of everything you do. Ummmmm as far as the Ms.??? that's ashame. There are Many couples that aren't aligned when it comes to halloween. I just hope she appreciates your talent's. :)

·
Volat cum ea suas alas.
12,853 Posts
Aww.. I love it! Please advise Mrs. Rahnefan that this kinda Halloweeny stuff has actually helped my kids not be scared of night-creepy-under-the-bed-monsters.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts