Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this season was the first time I got to use a projector and AtmosFEARfx clips in my display. As we all know, they are awesome, and I am now hooked! lol However, now that I am familiar with them, I see the same animation clips EVERYWHERE! I'm sure you all see it too! I know a couple of other users here have made some clips, but I really don't know of any others out there besides AtmosFx, or at least as well done, So, this leads me to think....

What would you like to see in the way of new clips? I am actually a 3D modeller and animator by trade. I am very confidant, and have all the software/hardware, to create animations the same quality as AtmosFX. I've already created a ton of Haunt/Halloween related resources that I could pull from. I can make future content with this in mind. If I created animations, would anyone be interested in buying them? What are the things you like about the AtmosFx dvds? what are your dislikes? To the ones that have made animations, how do you go about selling/hosting them? do you do dvds, or download only?

I'd love to hear some thoughts on this! :D

·
Registered
547 Posts
i think you could sell a few if you can produce the same quality level digital decorations.

far as i know most of the Atmosfear vids are actors on green screen with animation added.
there are many others than Atmosfearfx out there but they seem to have a large market.

(there was a thread around here with a list of video decorations..)

there are other avenues besides basic projection as well, window & monitor content for use in props perhaps or projection mapping entire scenes onto multiple objects/surfaces.

·
Registered
88 Posts
AtmosFearFX and Hallowindow are the 2 big players in the market that I know of. I'd definitely be interested in seeing some fresh stuff though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am with Tarpleyg. I would like to see some fresh stuff/ideas. Keep us informed Stynathotep.

·
IN MEMORIAM - A Wee Bit Wicked....
8,670 Posts
:jol:I definitely would like something custom. I've always wanted ghosts flying up from a grave, but I guess I want more of a "Pepper's Ghost" look to it, not just something that pops up....Sort of like the ghosts in Nightmare Before Christmas kind of look. (kind of kid friendly, but not goofy)

·
Super Moderator
64,259 Posts
I like the mix of kid-friendly and not-so-kid- friendly that AtmosFEARFX offers in their projections. I like the variety of scenes within each set, although I would like a little less down time between scenes so our window wouldn't stay dark too long. It's not a huge amount of time, but a little shorter would be nice.

One thing that would be useful is a setting for regular size windows in addition to picture windows. We lose some of our scenes around the edges because we project in an upstairs bedroom window. If we bring the projector closer to compensate, then we lose height.

As for topic, since we do a graveyard in our yard, ghosts and skeletons and ghouls are always welcome:)

·
IN MEMORIAM - A Wee Bit Wicked....
8,670 Posts
I like the mix of kid-friendly and not-so-kid- friendly that AtmosFEARFX offers in their projections. I like the variety of scenes within each set, although I would like a little less down time between scenes so our window wouldn't stay dark too long. It's not a huge amount of time, but a little shorter would be nice.

One thing that would be useful is a setting for regular size windows in addition to picture windows. We lose some of our scenes around the edges because we project in an upstairs bedroom window. If we bring the projector closer to compensate, then we lose height.

As for topic, since we do a graveyard in our yard, ghosts and skeletons and ghouls are always welcome:)
:jol:What I did with my projections Roxy was to use Movie Maker and I just put five different projections, one behind the other on a thumb drive and then played them on a Miccaspeck. (2 from Spectral Illusions and 2 from AtmosFEARfx and one other, I forget where I bought that one) I ended up with almost no down time and lots of different looks during the night. My big fail was the scrim screen I used. It was less than satisfactory...

·
Registered
769 Posts
I want funny spooky.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Something with Aliens also, nothing with this anyplace. Werewolves, Ghouls. Some Cryptids would be cool too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just came across this thread. I quite like the AtmosfearFX videos but most of my ToTs are younger and that limits which FearFX scenes I can use. My haunt is more whimsical and spooky so I'd like to see things like the "ghost bride in the window", "phantom woman slowly walking through a cemetery", "floating candelabra" etc.

·
Registered
769 Posts
How about a 3axis projector stand for a DLP projector.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow guys, thanks for all the great input! (I didn't have notices on for this thread, so I'm a bit late finding this :googly:)

I recently upgraded to new software and completely changed my workflow. When I'm up to speed and starting to dapple more in this, I'll share!

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I too would do both adult and kid scary/funny videos.
I'd look at some movies like Goonies, Frighteners, Halloween, Friday the Thirteenth, Casper, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, etc., for scenes and effects that could be used in a wide variety of haunts and image sizes and shapes. I think Roxy's points are valid. Many people either don't have or can't use big, landscape layouts for their projections, they also have to be effective when they viewers can't get very close to them (second and or third floor windows). Maybe some stuff for scrim drapes/screens too.
Maybe offer custom segues into the projection of a haunt's logo too. Offering that for both projection purposes as well as for social media may be a good side business too.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I found out in the passed 4 Haunts, you cant have too many videos! If you have a window, it needs something going on Halloween related! Keep us updated.
Dave

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am trying to make my house creepy but kid friendly and most of the projection effects out there are too scary for my kids and the neighborhood kids. I would love a simple rising ghosts projection (similar to the haunted mansion) or maybe a ghostly organ player.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Atmosfearfx has some nice ones ( over the counter) there are some others that you can buy and download on line, if you want to go that route. I picker up a package from the Haunt Show this March and had 17 or so videos to choose from.
Dave

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sadly, there isn't as much activity on this thread as I would have expected.
I have never personally used any projector in my haunt or displays. I have been wanting to do so time now but I just can't seem to bring myself to spending the money for this effect. I haven't been able to find myself a cheap projector and don't know of anyone willing to loan me one. Not to mention the cost of the FEARfx DVD's.
2016 may be my year to bring this to life.
I build a haunted house and I have in mind of a kitchen scene with roaches running all over the place. I know this is a very popular clip, but effective I believe. At least it will be for my guest since they don't "get out much".
I bet some popular clips would include some believable ghost, shadows, spirits, hovering objects, exploding gore, etc. Each with a seamless loops would be ideal of course.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts