Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the price has dropped on this to about $50 at several stores...

I was wondering if anyone has modded or plans on doing something with it. It has everything. I bought one and am waiting for it to arrive.

The basic guts could be used to do any face (skull, clown, etc.)...

·
Registered
328 Posts
My father saw it in a store somewhere and was describing it to me, thanks for the link! We were hoping to get one. Please let us know how it is in real life and what you plan to do with it, it looks awsome!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I've been watching these. Haven't taken the plunge yet. At $50, I think it's time.

Let's see what we can come up with.

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you ask me, that thing's plenty scary enough without hacking it. But then again, thats just me... monkeys have made my skin crawl for as long as I can remember. I have no idea why. (and before anyone points this out, I know the chimpanzee is technically an ape, not a monkey. It dosen't matter.)

·
Registered
194 Posts
I got mine yesterday at Sears.....$50.00. It is really an amazing piece of robotics. It freaks my dog out. You can control it with a remote ,move its eyes,eyebrows ,lips ,mouth and head or it has pre programed actions....about 24 to 30 different actions.
Personally I am not going to try and hack it. I think I will build a chimp body under it and put it in a cage.
In a dark corner,set to angry frenzy mode I can be quite frightening all on its own.
I am hoping that it is not a piece of crap that fails after the 90 day limited warranty.
I have some ideas on paper and I think it will be fun to create a whole ,savage wild chimp display.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got my chimp....man is it cool...The skin feels real too..I'm thinking of buying another. One to keep and one to hack. With all this could you imagine a pirate, clown, alien, etc. with all those robotics...cool...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Monkey heads

I ordered one from Sears (still on sale through 1-13-07).

I think the Monkey Head would make a wonderful basis for another contest this year.

Whaddya think?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I like the idea of the whole chimp display thing because I don't think I have the skills to try and hack this thing. It is quite awesome !

·
Registered
154 Posts
If you ask me, that thing's plenty scary enough without hacking it. But then again, thats just me... monkeys have made my skin crawl for as long as I can remember. I have no idea why. (and before anyone points this out, I know the chimpanzee is technically an ape, not a monkey. It dosen't matter.)
Been wanting one since they first came out!yeah,it's time 2 hack!
There is nothing wrong w/bein creeped out by them...those cute lil chimpanze's kill gorrilla's,and they're sometimes canibalistic. That is something 2 be concerned about...NO DOUBT!! Spiders are my thing,don't want them on me and there's a reason behind that. I attract them! Can't tell you why,but if I'm asleep,and they are in the room. I get bitten! Mostly on the legs and face, but some times on the neck and torso as well. And the [email protected] thing is, sprays don't work well on spiders after a week not 2 mention who really wants any type of poison in there house anyway...

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Been wanting one since they first came out!yeah,it's time 2 hack!
There is nothing wrong w/bein creeped out by them...those cute lil chimpanze's kill gorrilla's,and they're sometimes canibalistic. That is something 2 be concerned about...NO DOUBT!! Spiders are my thing,don't want them on me and there's a reason behind that. I attract them! Can't tell you why,but if I'm asleep,and they are in the room. I get bitten! Mostly on the legs and face, but some times on the neck and torso as well. And the [email protected] thing is, sprays don't work well on spiders after a week not 2 mention who really wants any type of poison in there house anyway...
In that case I suggest you don't visit Australia. Redback spiders can kill (extremely common - probably at least 100 around every house n garden), WhiteTip spiders can cause necrotising wounds and the Syndey Funnel Web can bite through leather and is extremely poisonous!

About the most harmless spider we have is the Hunstman. Big (seen one as big as my hand) and extremely hairy but about as venomous as a mosquito bite.

We also got scorpions, the worlds most poisonous snakes, killer jellyfish and of course, the Drop Bear (a feral relative of the Koala).

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
and all the killer sharks and crocs you could want...I think Australia scares me more than anything. Danger lurks at every turn.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
...and Crocodile Dundee, the most fierce of all animals !

1 - 20 of 28 Posts