Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright, I have managed to avoid pretty much all of the X3 spoilers.
I know the general stuff, Last movie, major characters die--and, I can pretty much figure out who they are (Hello, Cyclops. Did you like being in that Superman flick?) and I got main plot idea.

I've also heard it sucks, big time.

But, that is all irrelevant. Having seen the commercials, I gotta say:
DAMN, THAT LOOKS ALOT LIKE "DAYS OF FUTURES PAST"!!!!!:smoking: :smoking:

And, I'm pretty sure that Colosus and Wloverine "fastball special" a Sentinel.

But, really, the question remains, why does the series need to end?

·
Registered
259 Posts
So they don't have to continue paying specific actors escalating salaries.
The Muties will endure. There will be more X-Men films.
I estimate an X-4 in three years or so.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I'm taking my mother to see it this weekend (she's a sci-fi movie fiend :p ). I'm hoping that it doesn't suck...but we survived Fantastic 4 last summer, so we're probably not going to be too terribly hard to impress when it comes to one of our favourite movie franchises. Oh...and there's Hugh Jackman. I would pay to watch him read the phone book.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey, there’re X-Men fans on this forum!? I’m completely in love now! I’m a moderator at Nightscrawlers, a forum for the “star” of X2 – Nightcrawler!

Hubby and I will be seeing X3 tomorrow night, and though I’m annoyed there’s no Nighty in this one I’m excited to see it! I’ve remained mostly spoiler-free, but if the plot sounds similar to “Days of Future Past” I wouldn’t be surprised, since X2 was based loosely on “God Loves, Man Kills.” I’m just jones’n to see Dark Phoenix, Beast and Angel on the big screen!

And a dose of Hugh Jackman is never a bad thing. ;)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Well, it's not looking good so far for X3 according to the reviews. When I found out that Bryan Singer had been replaced by Brett Ratner as director, I braced myself and set my expectations low. Looks like that was probably right on...

Ratner ruins 'X-Men: The Last Stand'
Film is the 'X-Men' equivalent of 'Godfather III' - an unworthy successor

REVIEW
By John Hartl
Film critic
MSNBC

Empire magazine recently named Bryan Singer's "X2: X-Men United" (2003) as the best comic-book flick of all time, followed by "Superman" (1978), "Batman Begins" (2005) and "Spider-Man" (2002).

No mention is made of Singer's first "X-Men" (2000), which introduced most of the characters and the actors who would play them. This seems an oversight because the sequel is such a natural progression from the first film. What would "Godfather II" be without "The Godfather"? Singer created one flowing, coherent narrative out of two films that might not have blended so naturally.

Unfortunately, Brett Ratner's "X-Men: The Last Stand" is more like "Godfather III." Singer's replacement director has made the characters so cartoonish that they're barely recognizable. He's more interested in cheesy plotting and over-the-top action sequences than he is in generating empathy for the people who drive the story. The grace and intelligence Singer brought to the project are missing.

Read full review here...***WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS!!!***

·
Registered
273 Posts
No more X-Men movies, just a silly Wolverine spin-off or ten.

God, I am so frigging tired of Wolverine.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I'm just glad that Beast is in here. He's one of my favorite mutants. Period.

Yes, I'm afraid this isn't the last of the movies, just the last of this particular trilogy. The next series, if they want don't want to have X-Fans world wide kick their asses at the box office, better have Gambit. If there's a name that comes up repeatedly in every circle where this is discussed, it's Remy LeBeau's. In which case it should also see the emergence of Nathaniel Essex and En Sabah Nur, SINISTER and Apocalypse, respectively. Maybe not AoA, but something altogether different. SINISTER is after all connected with everyone's favorite cajun, he would be a definite shoe-in. That is IF they don't go **** up--AGAIN!

Nightcrawler I miss, and I would have also liked to have seen Sunfire, Banshee, Havok, Polaris, Avalanche and maybe Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. Pyro should never have made it before any of these I listed. Just another Hollywood wank job, IMHO.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Good tip for my future director buddy,Sinister. You may like the actor.
But be sure you LIKE the actor.

Bryan Singer cast Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler.

Get to the set,& filiming. Bryan and Alan grew to loathe each other.

Cumming was trashing him during X-2 press!

Cumming broke the news that Nightcrawler would not be back..BEFORE X-3 had a director! Before Singer left for the red cape!

Gambit is not there for good reasons. The writers (not to blame here) fought to keep him out just for a cameo,because they respect the Gambit character,and wanted to give him a good arc akin to Nightcrawler in X-2.

Just guessing here,..but we may see Gambit in the FOR SURE to happen Wolverine spin-off.

GRAPEGRL..two things..

1,)If you enjoyed Fantastic Four;you will like X-3 which I hear is a better film.

2.)Your mom rocks!!

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I knew all about Cumming's and Singer's well publicized hatred for each other. Be assured, my good friend I will choose my people wisely and I will treat them like I want to be treated in turn. I believe in karma, and what you visit upon another, you should make it good, because it's coming back on you. I'm going to be good to folks, you can believe that. :D

I'm still thinking there's going to be an X-4 and Gambit will figure prominently in it. I'm also pretty certain we'll see SINISTER at least and Apocalypse can't be far behind. I'm also pretty sure Logan will be tangling with Omega Red in the spin-off movie. There's a good chance in future ventures we'll see Weapon X in Japan. Can't wait.:cool:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Well said. We are,..after all..a "Brotherhood.":D

There are so many avenues to explore within the X-Men universe.

You are right,Sin. Gambit would be a good character to build a new arc around,with a new cast,..and a probable cameo (maybe?) from Wolverine.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Faustian_Pact said:
GRAPEGRL..two things..

1,)If you enjoyed Fantastic Four;you will like X-3 which I hear is a better film.

2.)Your mom rocks!!
1) Fantastic 4 was what I consider a "cute" movie. It was enjoyable popcorn fare and had a few laughs, but I was expecting something a little...well...more like the first 2 X-men movies, I guess.

2) Thanks! :D It's our tradition to go to the movies for Mother's Day, but since no good movies were released Mother's Day weekend this year, we have been waiting patiently for X3 for our mother/daughter outing this year.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
DOOM was woefully miscast. The Lord of Latveria would have had that cretin slain where he stood for doing the monarch such a disservice and rightfully so! :D

The next film: The Silver Surfer and The World Devourer, GALACTUS!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Fantastic Four was “cute.” Normally, I too would agree that Dr. Doom (who is one of the most powerful villains in the Marvel Universe) was miscast, but considering the tone of the whole movie I think the watered-down Doom was probably a smart move. I hear there may be a Fantastic Four 2 in the works, which I could definitely do without.

I’m not worried about the next Spider-Man sucking, since Sam Raimi is still attached, but if X3 flops it makes me worry about the other Marvel comic-to-film adaptations currently in the pipeline. I know there are productions either already underway or in planning for Ghost Rider, Silver Surfer, Namor and several others. I’m thinking Silver Surfer will be hard to convert to the big screen and have it still make sense.

I read a horrible review on X3 in the morning paper so I’m preparing for the worst. Nonetheless, we’re going to go see it tonight. I’ve been told on ’Scrawlers that you need to stay until after the credits because there’s a little snippit that sets up the next series of “X” movies. I have no idea what it is, honestly. Probably Wolverine. Snickt!

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
****************POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT**********

I have heard early reports that Cyclops buys it when Phoenix rises from the "ashes." There's a scene at the end of the credits where there's someone in a coma at a hospital and Cyke, or Prof. X's consience is transferred to the body.

******************END SPOILER ALERT*************

We all know how full of **** people can be when it comes to such things and it wouldn't surprise me if this turned out to be one of those times. If the above IS true, then it probably has to do with the emergence of SINISTER. He has always been interested in the Summer's gene line and that would be the perfect way to start a new line of films.

Ghost Rider is a done deal, in fact, here's a new trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/ghostrider/high_international.html
GR is one of my favorite superheroes. They've already made a grave error by casting Nicholas Cage as Johnny Blaze. They rearranged the origin and maybe worst of all, it's rated PG-13 and THAT is definitely Cage's fault. It's goin to be released next year in February because the Marvel muck-a-mucks don't want to oversaturate the market with comic films. Hmmmmm...

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Well you know, gotta give everyone what they want at the same time. Besides Sin Marvel wants the kids to see these movies so they think 'Wow this guys so cool! I'm gonna so check out this comic book!' Thats why the only comic movie as of late I can think of that wasn't PG-13 was the Punisher... and thats cause you can't really make him PG-13.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I know the reasoning behind it, but Ghost Rider is one of those films that should be Rated R. What do they think that kids are going to see when they pick up Bone Head's book anyway? GR teaming up with the Care Bears? The title is about a man selling his soul to Mephisto to save his father figure, Crash Simpson from dying and having the tables turned on him and being cursed with being the Ghost Rider. It's later revealed in the series with Dan Ketch as the title character that there was much more going on there. The film most likely won't even touch on the Zarathos connection. Ghost Rider, Clay, ain't no kiddie movie, or it shouldn't be. Captain America and the FF maybe, but not Ghost Rider.

·
Registered
259 Posts
The original intention for Ghost Rider was to make it R-Rated.
There is a script by David Goyer.Back in the late 1990's he was going
to team with Stephen (nuttier than a Christmas pudding) Norrington on it,
but they could not get the budget/fx done right.

Norrington wanted an encounter with Ghost Rider to be as scary as having a Great White Shark swim past you.

Then PG:13 became all the rage!

So...Sinister,I agree with you. Ghost Rider could have been Marvel's first
"The Crow-esque" Horror film.

Instead we got.."Man Thing." Made on a budget of,..oh..$1.00..

·
Registered
259 Posts
Back to X-3,and the future of the series. Here is a blurb from Hugh Jackman. Courtesy "JoBlo.com."

Is the WOLVERINE movie something that you plan on doing soon?
We've got two drafts and David is gonna do another draft and then we'll find a director.

Are you involved as a producer on that film?

Yeah.

Will you be involved in selecting the cast and director for this too?
Oh yeah.

What about Brett?
Definitely I'd look at Brett. I'm not gonna make any decisions until we get the script locked. We've got to work out what movie we're gonna make. I don't want, by the way, Wolverine to appear to be X-MEN 4 in disguise. I don't want to make it stylistically the same. I want to do something different. But there's been a lot of interest from some really amazing directors. I'm really excited.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts