Haunt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

After a heat wave and a juggling the kids being home for summer I have managed to get going on my next large pirate themed prop for my channel. This chest has been a ton of work, but it's coming together real nice! Net week I am adding the treasure and some additional aging to make it look authentic as possible!

Hope you enjoy the journey if you end up watching!

-Samhain

Part I:

Part II:

·
Super Moderator
64,290 Posts
That is one beautiful pirate chest.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is one beautiful pirate chest.
Thanks Roxy! I think I overdid the size just a tiny bit.... and by a tiny bit I mean a lot. The thing is massive, which in turn made everything on it take more work.. I have enjoyed it, but am glad this week is the final video of the build. lol

·
Capt'n Pirate MacGyver
3,071 Posts
Looks really nice. Now to fill it with some treasure. You know, someone on here posted a quick "tutorial" on casting your own pirate doubloons. They would look pretty good in your treasure chest if you ask me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

A bit of a sneak peek on this weeks video. I went with simple poker chips, It uses SOOOO many. I may add some sculpted coins at a later date, but the poker chips did great for the time being :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have now finished it up with a fully functioning EVA foam lock! I am now completely done with that chest! lol. Been fun build though.

·
Super Moderator
64,290 Posts
Really clever!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Great work! Glad to know I’m not the only one that has had a prop size get away from me. Living that dream right now ha ha! This turned out really well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol, thanks all! It was a interesting build to say the least. Now my living room wall is being converted into a arched wall.. I love this time of year, and I set it up where my fall decor rolls into my halloween decor. Allows me to start decorating at the beginning of September! lol

·
Headless & Haunting
Creating a massive fundraiser haunted house for our local Scout group.
4,783 Posts
WOW that is an awesome chest! Well done!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts