Haunt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Im glad you did that. I was going to make a "pillars" sign and then I saw yours and re thought it> I liked your idea and was going to try and copy it, now I can.... If I get it done for this year, I will send you pics of the finished product... Cant decide yet exactly what to do...

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Good job! Looks pretty similar to the one I made last year when I "stole" the idea from WormyT. Have a look:

I'm guessing your "oopsie" came from assuming dimensional lumber is actually the size it says it is. They're all usually undersized by some amount. It's pretty strange if you do actually come across a 4x4 that actually measures 4". I believe they actually measure 3.5" x 3.5"

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Zombie-F said:
Good job! Looks pretty similar to the one I made last year when I "stole" the idea from WormyT. Have a look:

I'm guessing your "oopsie" came from assuming dimensional lumber is actually the size it says it is. They're all usually undersized by some amount. It's pretty strange if you do actually come across a 4x4 that actually measures 4". I believe they actually measure 3.5" x 3.5"
yeah i guess that's what i did... i don't know. :p
that is a really nice pic too :) i really like how you got the unpleasant st logo on there...
i actually think your sign was one that made me want to make my own...
:)

·
Premium Member
5,858 Posts
Frighteners Entertainment said:
Nice pic Z, looks like a nice warm fall day.
Of course it was a nice warm (well, for New England) fall day... it was Halloween!!! :jol:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Dr Morbius said:
I really like your sign, FYF. The double post is unique. Nice job on the how-to!

Zombies sign is aways an inspiration..I still mean to build one...Maybe a sign contest?
That sounds like a great idea. I had Zombie's sign instructions bookmarked long before I ever joined here. His instructions are so concise.

FYF, I like your sign. Love the way it came out. Great job.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Frontyardfright, your sign looks great! Love that old barnwood siding look.

PA230232.JPG Zombie, I liked your spooky sign idea too (really wormy-t's, I guess) so much I copied it. Even added the stuffed raven on the cross bar.

I used 2x4's on a 2x12x24" base weighted with pavers to keep it from blowing over in the wind. It rocks a little, but that adds to the effect.

What did you use for the spanish moss hanging down on the right side? I used that spider web stuff but it blows around in the wind and gets tangled to the point where it doesn't look much like spider web. Especially after the rain and wind we had last Friday.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts