Haunt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
" Just play it by ear...............

You'll be amazed at how it comes together in the end."

These were among the last words spoken by my mother before she ended her over 5 year battle with cancer. After several surgeries, three rounds of chemo, radiation and swallowed more pills than a full grown healthy elephant should take, she let it go today. She was given THREE months to live last JANUARY. She made it almost 13 months. She made it past the holidays and I think that was her goal. We had one heck of a Christmas.

I don't know why I'm writing this. Maybe just to tell her thank you and goodbye.

You were right mom, the end was amazing.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
'Tis sad news indeed, but happy in the way that slimy got to have his mom around for one more Christmas. That woman had an iron constitution that seemingly so very few people in this world have these days. :(

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
I too am sorry for your loss slimy. What a gift to have had her longer than "expected". Cherish the extra moments you had together.

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Awesome that she had that strong of a will to live that long! I'm sorry for your loss. I truley am. It sounds as if your mom met her goal and was ready to pass through the veil knowing you'd be okay.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Sorry for your loss Slimy, thoughts and prayers with you and yours.
She is around you still.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts