Haunt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be interesting to put up your first Prop attempt. Hopefully I will get better and be as successful in my creations as most of you. I hope I can top my firstborn next year.This is from last Halloween. It is my first creation. I ended up making a pallet house for him to guard entry. My neighbors watched in stun. One came over and offered me a job to flip houses.
I didn't have much money last year but lots of time. This year i have lots of money and no time :zombie: Anyway, he ended up functioning part of the time. The flicker lantern stayed on but lost its flicker. I forgot to put the fan in the for tube, so the fog didn't come out of his mouth.
Like I said cash was low, so he is made out of newspaper, paper towels, drip pipe, wire, foam and carpet latex. The eyes are an easter egg with a couple of glowing marbles lit from behind by black light LEDs. The head is a blucky head, that came with a few parts from walmart. The teeth are the 10 cent teeth from Walmart. I blew dry his hair and sprayed it with glue.
He looked pretty good at night. The little kids had to be dragged up and most didn't enter.I had a line around the block.
Next year, I hope to be up there with you guys and gals...
I would really like to see some first creations compared to your current work.
The creativity you express is unreal:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
that does look cool kicks the crap outta mine (which i still use, but am revamping for motion this year) I made a standup Ghostface from the paradoy movie Scream and used a stick of pvc pipe and a coat hanger with a milk jug!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts

heres some tombstones... my first attempt at decorating for halloween. I got so frustrated because they didnt turn out like I had imagined, I was crying as I was hammering in the stakes... perhaps I had a little too much on my plate that fall. LOL

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
I made these from right to left 1st ,4th ,and 6th headstones ( the others are real rocks) back in 1992 ...wood "stone" bead foam letters, painted grey with sand mixed in.

I still have these and use them every yr.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hellrazor...my wife fell off the chair rolling at your post.. She also made our tombstones this year. I guess she felt your pain.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
My first props no longer exist and all photographic evidence has been destroyed. You guys definitly had better success than I did.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I like him!! Has a sort of "Mad Monster Party" appeal!

·
Administrator
10,700 Posts
My first prop was probably a tombstone but I don't have any pictures.

Here's a pic of my first "documented" prop.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
this is my first real attempt at a cemetery:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
we made half the tombstones and the scarecrow. i hope the pic works right, this is the 1st time i've posted a pic on here!

·
Registered
63 Posts
My first one was my FCG and my second was the Crypt for her (although I finished them about the same time as well as the cemetary fence.....).
http://i-su-root.com/Halloween/2005/Cemetery - Day - 1.html

I was unemployed that month and had plenty of time to play before my new job started. Unfortunately, my new job was in another state, so only my FCG came with me. :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts