Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What did you dress up as for your first Trick or Treat outing on Halloween?

I remember being a cowboy in 1980 when I was just under four years old (I turned four in November of that year). The only thing that brought that memory back was seeing a photo recently. Thankfully, my mom dated EVERY photo she took, or I'd never even have known what year it was.

The next year I remember very well though. I was a skeleton, and my costume was one of those cheap Ben Cooper costumes with the plastic mask and vinyl suit.

What were you for your first Halloween?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
The earliest photos I can find show me as Bugs Bunny, I think.
The first one's I remember were the old Star Wars costumes. Stormtrooper, Yoda, C-3PO. :jol:
My first "homemade" costume was a ninja. :ninja:

·
Registered
328 Posts
My first one was a vampire, that is now on the doll thats in my baby carrige.

mike

·
My Avatar DANCES!
1,755 Posts
When I was 7 months old my first costume was Robin, and my older Brother was Batman, but we all know that Robin is so much cooler than Batman :p

·
Banned
376 Posts
The first one I can remember was I think a superhero of some kind. But I'm not sure that was the year before or after I was a scarecrow. I can't believe how few costumes I remember wearing. I only remember one other costume after those two- a convict. That was my FAVORITE costume. And I wore that thing all year for the next 2 or 3 years after that as sort of pajamas. They were ridiculously comfortable. It was just a top and bottom that had black and white horizontal stripes. And I loved that costume.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Zombie-F said:
...I remember being a cowboy in 1980 when I was just under four years old...
Jeeze Zombie-F. Thanks for making me feel ancient :p In 1980, I was in my second year of college. Boy do I remember that Halloween... NO details will follow... All I can say was that witch was fine...LOL

And I'm far too old to remember my first costume....

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling old while reading this post. I was a senior in high school in 1980. I'm lucky to be able to remember what I had for dinner last night much less my first costume! :p

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Blackwidow said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling old while reading this post. I was a senior in high school in 1980. I'm lucky to be able to remember what I had for dinner last night much less my first costume! :p
That's too funny, Widow! :D The only way I feel old, is with all my back and neck surgery and the ensuing pains. Thought my mind was going there for awhile (It may still, as many on this board will attest) but I realized I was suffering from almost absolute burn-out. Now I feel fit as a fiddle. I guess I may be getting old after all, that last chestnut I just spouted was around back even before Columbus discovered the "New World." :googly:

·
Registered
263 Posts
hmmmm, i think my first costume was a skeleton, that my mum made, by buying black clothes and painting the bones onto them and getting a mask

but ive also been frankenstein, dracula, a headless ghost and many other things

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
My first costume was a princess, then the following year my sisters and I were all Strawberry Shortcake .. ick .. didn't start being the cool stuff until I was old enough to pick out mine own :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Blackwidow said:
Sinister, I'm happy to hear that you're feeling better. :)
Actually, I'll never be 100% better. I have days when I feel real good and it lasts for a little while, then it's back to the ol' pain factory. I appreciate the well wishes though, BW. :)

·
Registered
166 Posts
My first costume was a soldier.. I only remember that because for some weird reason there was a string hanging from my rifle and it got tangled in some leaves on the sidewalk and pulled them behind me. I freaked out because the leaves were following me.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The Statue of Liberty.

That wasn't my first, but that is the only one I can remember because my mom would dress us like that every damn year....and I hated it so freaking much.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Papa Bones said:
My first costume was a soldier.. I only remember that because for some weird reason there was a string hanging from my rifle and it got tangled in some leaves on the sidewalk and pulled them behind me. I freaked out because the leaves were following me.
LOL!

·
Registered
16 Posts
My first costume was a wizard. I had a hat, a cape with moons and stars all over it. I remember my best friend couldn't come trick or treating though because she was sick, and a year too young. Then some years went by and I was a mud monster, a monster I created, and Freddy Krueger!!!!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I don't remember what my first halloween costume was but I do remember those costumes that came in a box with the little plastic mask and the outfit that you tied with strings to close the back. My favorite costume was the clown costume that my Mom made for me. It was a one piece baggy blue jumpsuit type costume with these huge red pompoms as the buttons on the front and I wore a big red wig and white spots on my cheeks. I think that was the first year I didn't have to wear one of those silly hard plastic masks that dug into your face and eyes.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My very first costume (and everyone after that actually) was one of those cheap ass 1960's costumes they sold at the grocery store for $3.00 with the mask that had the little elastic thread that held it onto your face.. My first one when I was 7 in 1963 was Frankenstein. I wore it again the next year, and then switched to a skeleton costume that I wore the next two years, and then my last two years of TOT'ing at ages 11 and 12 I wore a Superman Costume. It was tradition in our area at that time that once you became a teen (13) you stopped TOT'ing, and started helping your parents hand out candy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.