Haunt Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was about 10-11 years old when I visited my first Haunted House. It was held in what used to be an old wax museum here in Phoenix. I was scared to death when we first got there, and standing in the line, hearing the screams from the other victims wasn't helping. THe first couple of rooms were dark, lit only with blacklight and had arrows to follow down dark corridors. I made the mistake of actually thinking it wasn't that bad.

I don't remember too much, other than one of the scare-actors lunged at me and my uncle as we walked around a corner in the maze. He was lit with a strobe light, covered with blood and behind him were the "bodies" of the unfortunate ones that didn't run fast enough. I was "The Screamer" that night. After my sobs of fright had reduced to mere hic-cups, we walked down another dark hall into a circus room. Yeah...I still hate clowns.

As I got older, and visited other houses, I always compared the way the I felt to how I felt in the wax museum. Now, all I want to do is make others feel the same.

It almost sucks to visit a haunted house now, since I know for a fact that it's fake, and how a lot of the props are triggered. They don't take the time to really make a good scare anymore for people like us.

Reactions: Eerie Ej
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.