Haunt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Zombie..I know you have your own reasons for changing your avatar, and I know I changed mine too, but I liked your old one better..Just got used to it, I guess. Is it becuase it's a new year you changed it? You don't seem like the "Vampire" type.

Just wondering.

BTW..If anyone else would like to explain thier avatar choices, it would be interesting to hear about it.

I picked mine because it looks funny and sort of crazy Dr-like with the tophat. It was one of the ready-made choices Zombie offers, and I might change it just to be original..I dunno.

I might change mine back to the robot, but it's not very Halloweenish.

·
Premium Member
5,847 Posts
Changed it because I'm on a real Dracula kick lately. Watched the original a few times recently and I've been renting all the ones with Chris Lee in them from Netflix. I'll probably switch back in a little while.

When I was little, I was Dracula for Halloween for like 5 years in a row.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
My avatar and user name are homages to the two greatest influences on me as far as my interests in fantasy/horror/sci-fi (and the two coolest guys in Hollywood).

The user name is from Ray Bradbury's 1957 novel Dandelion Wine, an autobiographical character who happens to be a twelve year-old kid (which is, coincidentally, how old the perenially young Bradbury is to this day).

The avatar is the poster Uncle 4E Ackerman gave to guests at his 88th birthday party. It's a take-off on the cover of the magazine Famous Monsters of Filmland, which Uncle 4E created, edited, and wrote for.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I believe that in another dimension, I am Egon Spengler.:p

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
****, I use whatever avvie I'm in the mood for at the moment. I just stumbled across this neat looking Katharine Isabelle avvie and went with it. :googly:

·
Registered
797 Posts
The avatar change threw me for a loop for like the first week or so, because I'd gotten used to just glancing at everyone's pictures and knowing who was who and not reading the names above posts. It took a while for me to associate the Bela Lugosi pic with Zombie-F, but I've finally done it! :D

As for my avatar, it's just a homage to my favorite horror comic of all time. My dad collected them when I was young, so I'd borrow them and read them before bed every night. I read every copy of the Haunt of Fear, the Vault of Horror, and Tales from the Crypt I could get my hands on. I even read more obscure titles by different companies, like The Witching Hour. Of course, the Crypt Keeper always was my favorite.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Mines Leeds point New Jersy Where the Jersey Devil was said to be born... the reason because I got tired of always seeing that avitar, and this picture just fit, both with the fourm... and the 80X80 rule...

·
Registered
432 Posts
ScareFX said:
What's an Avatar?
It's the image that represents you. It's your little icon (in this context, anyway. Literally, it's the physical embodiment of a deity).

Mine ties back into comics I used to draw, which were in turn inspired by my halloween and haunted house exploits when I was in grade-school. It's all cyclical.

·
Registered
432 Posts
ScareFX said:
:D Indeed. Sorry about that NecroBones.:googly:

1. Given to jesting; playfully jocular. 2. Amusing; intended to be humorous; not serious.

BTW NecroBones, how are things up on NoVA? We're doing fine here in central VA.
LOL, I guess I need to lighten up a bit. I thought you were serious. :)

Not bad up here. Winter finally arrived. :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts