Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally made enough progress on this to post it:

The idea is a coffin broken out of the ground with a zombie that tries to escape when someone approaches. Here is the video:

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z305/Spooky_Sam/?action=view&current=b156cec9.flv

It isn't finished yet...I need to darken the inside of the coffin a little more and add the sound effects. Hopefully some moaning will cover up the sound of the motor. The whole thing will be triggered by a motion detector.

What do you think?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nice! realistic movement and really great job detailing. I love the concept of having the coffin sticking out of the ground. I would like to see under the hood too.

·
Registered
147 Posts
EXCELLENT!!
Pleeeeassse....mechanics....

Dennis

·
Registered
247 Posts
Very nice, please post some pics of the mechanics of this thing, id love to build one of these for my Moms yard

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the comments, everybody. The setup is pretty simple, actually. The movement is driven by one of those Shiatsu massagers...one post moves the head and the other moves the arm. I used electrical conduit for the armature. I'll see if I can get some pictures of the "naked" zombie next time I'm working on it.

ScareFX - that is a good idea with the wood, but I didn't save it. I guess I can always bust up a pallet and use some broken pieces, though.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Sweet job there SS! Really gave me some inspiration... Nice way of using left over broken wood to create a realistic eroded coffin. Plus the zombie inside gives the whole effect depth as though really pushing up from the ground. Again, great job!

360 Posts
That's sweet. Would really like to see the how to on this one. Hope you can get it up soon. I agree that when you add sound, it will cover up the noise of the motor. If it doesn't, depending on the motor set-up, try putting packing around it to muffle it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts