Haunt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I'd post some undead (kinda my thing) hope you all like them.

This is a zombie prosthetic (foam latex) pre-painted before application.

This is a latex mask I made.

This is a makeup done with lquid gelatine brushed on my arm with latex stippled on top and painted with makeup.

I hope you enjoyed looking at them as much as I did making them.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Glad you are getting your pics up they are awesome..
Very professional!!
And what ODR says... we really need a how to.. how to's !!
I especially on that arm!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
On the arm. How long did you have to work with it? I know gelatine doesn't isn't the longest lasting way to go, but obviously it took a little while to get that latex looking so awesome. Just wondering. Nice job!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thanks for the feedback, I love making undead thingys since childhood and here I am still playing with rubber monsters. :rolleyes:

HZ- The eyes and teeth are part of the sculpt and are just painted and glossed (with 5min epoxy) to look like something seprate from the rest of the mask. If you use a hard clay or wax to sculpt your teeth in you can get a better look than soft clays IMHO. You can stick the firm teeth into your normal clay without distorting them.

Playfx- Nothing you have not seen before, soooooon I'll have some new work. It's good to be among friends. ;)

MM- Did you mean how long did I have to work with it? Or how long did it last on my arm? The setting gelatine gets thicker as it sets, but I had about 5-10 mins to brush on a thin layer before it gelled. Then I stippled a two layers of latex on top of that then just painted it with alcohol activated makeups and grease paints. The whole thing was on for around 4-5 hours and would have lasted longer but the job I was doing it for was over so off it came. The best thing about removal was hot water rinsed almost all of it off. Depending on your formula gelatine can last a long time, yestarday I glued some extra noses on people (don't ask) and they stayed on all day, mind you the building we were in had a/c or that might have been a different story!

I will post a formula for the gelatine when I dig it out from my recipie book and try to post a more in depth how-to. What section is the best for that as there is not realy a makeup tutorial section.

Ms.wicked- lovin' the avatar!

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
HZ- The eyes and teeth are part of the sculpt and are just painted and glossed (with 5min epoxy) to look like something seprate from the rest of the mask. If you use a hard clay or wax to sculpt your teeth in you can get a better look than soft clays IMHO. You can stick the firm teeth into your normal clay without distorting them.
Thanks for the tip. I'll see about picking up some 5 minute epoxy.

·
Registered
86 Posts
voodoo monkey. Thanks for the help. I meant, what amount of time were you allowed to work with it. and you answered my question. I look forward to that recip. I'm like you, I think I got mine frm a video but who knows this far down the line?

·
Registered
8,110 Posts
Blows my stuff to shame! I too will looking forward to your how-to posts. and in make-up section is fine for how-to's. :D

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
very cool you must look incredibly realistic as a zombie if I saw that stuff on someone I'd get the shotgun

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
The setting gelatine gets thicker as it sets, but I had about 5-10 mins to brush on a thin layer before it gelled. Then I stippled a two layers of latex on top of that then just painted it with alcohol activated makeups and grease paints.
How on earth did you get the latex to stick to the gelatin? Whenever I tried to do that the latex would form a membrane that would just lift right off of the gelatin when the brush touched it to put the next layer on.

Oh, looks awesome BTW.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts